Beware of Scams
Logan High School maintains the college, scholarship and financial aid information on this page as a courtesy to our students; use of these sites or the information on them is not a guarantee that you will be admitted or receive money for college. If you experience a problem with any of these sites, please advise us so we can fix it. ALWAYS BE A SMART INTERNET CONSUMER! Read the fine print, do not give out your private information without being sure that it is safe to do so, and NEVER pay money to apply for a scholarship or financial aid.
There are many legitimate resources available online to help you find and apply for scholarships, but there are many that arejust out to get YOUR money. Don’t fall prey to a scam! Watch out for these signs that the site you are using may not be what you think:
- “This scholarship is guaranteed or your money back!”
- “You can’t get this information anywhere else!”
- “May I have your credit card/bank account number to hold your scholarship?”
- “We’ll do all the work for you!”
- “This scholarship will cost you a fee.”
- Notice that you’ve been chosen, selected or you are a finalist in a program or contest you didn’t enter.
If you are in doubt about whether a scholarship or Financial Aid opportunity is valid, ask in the LHS Career Center, call the Financial Aid Office of the college you are planning to attend, or check on the US Dept. of Education website at www.studentaid.ed.gov.